Sunday, January 16, 2011

Feel the Burn...

There seemed to be a lot more people exercising in Florence then we ever saw in Roma… this may have been the inspiration I needed to finally lace up my shoes and go for a run myself. Danielle and I took off across the Ponte San Niccolo towards the Downtown district. I decided to do the 1.5 mile suggestion that was on the jogging card in our hotel room which consisted of running right along the Arno. Running along the water and over 2 bridges kept me feeling tireless; like I could run forever since everything was so distracting and beautiful. When I finally came back I could hear the giant bubble bath in my hotel room calling my name. Guess what – I did it! I took advantage of that opportunity and hopped right into the bubbly tub. I soaked in the tub for just about an hour. It was so relaxing and felt extra good after my muscles were nice and sore from the run.

After my nice long bubble bath I lazily put clothes on to go downstairs for our buffet dinner at the hotel. I wasn’t necessarily impressed with the food but the roasted potatoes were delicious! We had salad, two different pastas in sauce, brisket, salad, potatoes, and soup. Ehhhh…at least it was a free "all-you-can-eat" meal so I was nice and full.

No comments:

Post a Comment