Friday, January 14, 2011

Last Night in Rome

Since I am so impatient and terrible at packing my suitcase and often have to ask my mom (yes, at 21 years old) to help me organize it so things fit right, I was very surprised to find that I was able to pack my entire suitcase up in just about a half hour. I ended up packing all my clean clothes and "stuff" into my big suitcase and then packing my clothes fresh out of the dryer along with toiletries into my carry on bag. After that was all taken care of it was time to get ready for our big night on the town - our last in Roma! :(

The entire group planned to do a night on the town starting just outside of the colosseum metro stop. It was really slow paced at first just hanging out at a small bar and then we hopped on the metro to a Latin/Italian bar that had live entertainment for the night... it was interesting? The performer was a mixture of Lady Gaga and Amy Winehouse and was accompanied by a greasy man in leather pants - certainly not something we see every day in the USA. She did have an excellent voice though and the bar became pretty packed when she started. We ended up getting home pretty early (at least for Roman standards) so we could be semi-functional in the morning to move out of St. Johns and start the journey to Florence.


No comments:

Post a Comment