Saturday, January 15, 2011

Looking Good in Leather

After climbing the Duomo most of our study abroad group voyaged over to the open air market to do some  serious shopping - and I do mean serious. I myself ended up with a ton of gifts for people back home, a brand new leather bag (30 euro) and a leather jacket for myself (a STEAL for 60 euro). The jacket fits like a glove and I'm officially in love. I definitely got to practice my bargaining skills and I would just like to say I did pretty darn well. If I didn't want to ruin surprise presents for those back home I'd be able to tell you about just how well I did :) I honestly could've walked around for hours contemplating on buying more goods but fortunately I only bought things I absolutely loved and I am so satisfied with my shopping experience!

In between our shopping adventures we decided to grab lunch at the most "hole in the wall" type place Rachel, Brandon and I could find near the Duomo.  We ended up walking into a restaurant that looked like combination of a butcher, deli counter and weird grocery store. When we sat down towards the back of the restaurant we quickly noticed that no one in the entire restaurant spoke a wink of English. We even had to guess at the names of the entrees we wanted...opps! I ended up getting the Tortellini soup - tortellini with meat in a broth sauce...DELICIOUS and competely authentic. I was so glad I ordered it even thought their soup is so simple it was 100% what I was in the mood for.

My tortellini soup on the bottom-right!
After the Duomo and shopping everyone was exhausted!! Too bad for us that we had a tour set up for 3:00 at the Galileo Museum. There was probably a lot more to get out of it, however we were all so tired that it was hard to focus. Every once in a while I would hear something particularly interesting and lighten up to listen in - but for the most part I did not find it particularly interesting. With that said, I did however get a kick out of the fact that Galileo's middle finger, index finger and tooth act as relics in the museum. Centrally located in Galileo's room are those remains. Was he flipping me the bird for not paying attention? Maybe so.

No comments:

Post a Comment