Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ristorante Pizzeria le Follie / J Joyce

Tonight we decided to grab a dinner directly next to the hotel at Ristorante Pizzeria le Follie. The menu selection was pretty limited, but I was really in the mood for pizza after having that amazing tortellini soup at the small authenic Italian place we had lunch at earlier. A couple of the girls ordered pasta dishes including a linguini in clam sauce that had a little pepper kick at the end (sooo delicious) and a other pasta dishes that we also very delicious. I honestly felt sort of "pasta-ed out" and decided to go with their popular Caprese pizza (yes, I have eaten anything Caprese like crazy since I've come here). My pizza ended up being the very best at dinner and was phenomenal. Since the menu is so limited I am not sure that I would recommend the place for those looking to really go outside the box (however the linguini in clam sauce was certainly worth it!) but it was still an adorable local place with great pizza. This is probably why their name has the word "Pizzeria" in it... hmmm.


After we got back from a late dinner we decided to look for a local Italian hangout near our hotel so we wouldn't have to walk far. We ended up crossing the Niccola bridge (right across from our hotel) and going to J.Joyce - an Irish pub on the right hand side. It really amazes me how many Irish/American pubs there are in Italy. If these bars are the way Italians and Americans justify Irish pubs then I can't wait to go to Ireland someday and see the real thing. I'd love to know how an Irish pub REALLY is. The night was laid back and fun - I got to speak French again while discussing American politics and world views, British accents, Italian stereotypes, American stereotypes and lots of other political influence. Crazy... I truly never thought that my french would pay off but it certainly has. Between the outdoor heated courtyard space/outside bar and the inside bar ( warm and cozy) I personally thought J.Joyce was a success.

*Fun fact: I got a free Peroni Rugby scarf for ordering a Peroni at J. Joyce haha! Beer promos seem to be following me no matter where I go in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment