Monday, January 17, 2011

Ready For Some Football!?!

After getting my things unpacked and figuring out the SIAF campus our group decided to take advantage of our turf soccer field outside our dorms. A group of about 18 of us split into two teams to play a casual/hardcore game of Italiano football! We ran around for over an hour and a half... My team won of course. ;)

I’m really excited that our group came together to play today. Everyone has become such good friends, and the group dynamic is really working out. I'm so glad I decided to bring running shoes and workout clothes - I wouldn't have wanted to miss out. To further the "awesomeness" of playing soccer on the mountaintops of Volterra, Italy – add vineyards and farmland behind you with a gorgeous pink sunset over the hilly horizon.

I think we’re going to play everyday while we’re here – it will certainly help me burn off all my Italian calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment