Monday, January 17, 2011

Coming Around the Mountains...

Blek! That bus ride was comparable to a never ending roller coaster! We were coming around the mountain all right... up and down and up and down with a ton of sharp U-turns and one lane roads where you can look straight down the mountain to an unforgiving death. The bus ride was scary and very harsh on the tummy. Our professors' son even lost his breakfast after a long series of tight right turns. I think I'll need to try some dramamine before we go on our day excursions or I could be next!

Besides the rough ride - the sights were endlessly beautiful! Vineyards and backroads continuously visible from our windows. It was so difficult to get a good picture though because of the windy roads we traveled on.
The best picture I could find of the bus ride... all the other pictures everyone took were pretty blurry :)

We are staying at the SIAF center just outside of Volterra (a remote campus of the University of Pisa) and wow is it beautiful! Our dorms are split up into several apartment style buildings and each room has it's own bathroom (shower, toilet, and heated towel rack - fancy huh?). We also have maids that come in to make our beds, remove our trash, and give us fresh towels... I'm excited about having a made-up bed to squeeze into every night haha! There is also a pool, fitness center, recreation room and turf soccer field to keep us nice and busy.

I am slowing myself down today by taking some time to unpack and take in the amazing views we have of both the city in front of us and the mountains behind us. Everything is so beautiful - I can't wait to go into Volterra and see the city!

Check out my campus: SIAF Volterra



No comments:

Post a Comment