Monday, January 17, 2011

Arrivederci, Florence!

Our 4 day visit to Florence seemed much too short. We are already packing our things up to head on the bus to Volterra and Pisa. Our travels seem to be going from big city to small town as the trip goes on... Starting in Rome was an adventure with loads of history and big city fun, Florence was a smaller city but had it's shopping niche and lots of nightlife as well, as for Volterra....hmm...who knows what we are getting ourselves into. The population of Volterra is about 10,000 - smaller than the University of Delaware! It should be a completely different experience traveling there.

As for Florence - I really hope I can return some day to take advantage of this city after I have completely indulged myself in its history. The artwork was beautiful and so were the historic structures and I would love the opportunity to research them all and go back to invest myself in city. Perhaps a guided tour around the historic district would have been helpful - but we seemed to make due exploring on our own. This city was more relaxing then Rome but still with an adequate dash of fun nightlife.

As I am start bringing my bags downstairs to the lobby I'm quickly starting to realize how fast these last 15 days have flown in front of my eyes...

Arricederci, Firenze! I hope we meet again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment